As a privately held, full-service, vertically integrated real estate investment firm, RockStep Capital treats your resources as our own. Protecting your wealth is one of our chief concerns. Our streamlined approach allows for comprehensive oversight amongst all of our Real Estate Verticals. By acquiring and revitalizing value retail assets, we are able to create market-leading returns for our investors, as evidenced by our extensive portfolio of successful retail investments. RockStep Capital has proven to be a world-class real estate services provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
INVESTOR INQUIRY FORM
Acquisitions & Dispositions
RockStep targets all shopping centers in the retail industry specifically well-anchored regional malls, grocery, power, neighborhood and community community centers in metropolitan and secondary markets.
We have carved out a unique niche and are one of the top private investment buyers in the country of distressed retail real estate assets and realizing strong returns with our innovative revitalization strategies.
We invest alongside local investors and our existing and growing group of investors from around the country.
We believe the retail market has been tested for several years now. The assets have been stressed for so long, but traditional retail continues to stay highly profitable. While there is no doubt these properties need to be transformed, the current investment structure of malls has continued to be profitable.
RockStep likes to win! By concentrating our efforts on complex assets with transaction value of $5M to $75M where there is typically a scarcity of capital and less appetite for complexity, we feel we have an edge. We see opportunity in properties that provide challenges that we can overcome, through experience and ingenuity, to add value.
RockStep is eagerly exploring emerging markets, seeking out value-add investments and working to identify stabilized properties with any of the following investment criteria:
- Metropolitan and Secondary Markets
- 50,000 Square Feet and up
- Fortified communities that maintain highly desirable and quantitative amenities
- Large Research University
- Fortune 1000 Business
- Top 250 hospital Network
- Large-scale tourism
- Military Bases
- Low to no State income tax
- Two Major intersections
RockStep is interested in acquiring
- On Market Deals
- Off Market Deals
- Value-add deals – via renovation, lease-up, and/or capital improvements
- Dominant regional malls in secondary markets
- Functionally obsolete regional malls in need of repositioning
- Anchored neighborhood or community shopping centers
- Large national anchored power centers
- Grocery anchored centers
- Redevelopment centers
- Properties in distress
- Lender Directed Short Sales
- Bank Notes (Performing and Non-Performing)
- Surplus real estate from retailers
- Rollover risk and credit risk
A typical investment structure for RockStep usually looks like the following: